Accepting Applications for Open Positions on the Board of Directors
Sister Cities International welcomes all qualified applicants to run for open positions on the Board of Directors. Elections to the Board of Directors are held each year during the Annual Conference. If you plan to run for a position at the 2013 Annual Conference in San Antonio, TX July 12-13, 2013, please carefully review all information on the elections process to ensure your eligibility.
Eleven (11) Board positions will be open during the Annual Business Meeting at the Annual Conference in San Antonio, Texas on July 12, 2013. This includes:
- 7 Board of Director positions (three-year terms, 2013-2016)
- 1 Board of Director position (two-year term, 2013-2015)
- 1 Board of Director position (one-year term, 2013-2014)
- 1 Young Professional Representative to the Board of Directors (two-year term, 2013-2015, must be between 21-34 years of age)
- 1 Youth Representative to the Board of Directors (two-year term, 2013-2015, must be 21 years of age or under)
It is the policy of Sister Cities International Board of Directors that each candidate applying for the above positions, including current directors who are running for the board and wish to have their names placed on the ballot, complete the following form and electronically submit the form and all supplemental information to the Sister Cities International office by 5:00 p.m. EDT on May 15, 2013 to email@example.com. Materials received after this date will not be considered.
Please take note of all word count requests throughout the application. If an applicant exceeds the desired word count, Sister Cities International will edit your application to meet the requirements.
Please email completed applications to Mary Kane, President & CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Packet must include:
- 2013 Board Application (click to download)
- Electronic Photograph or Headshot (300 dpi or higher)
- Official letter from a representative of a dues paying Sister Cities International member organization or an elected official, endorsing candidacy
For more information on the 2013 Elections process, please CLICK HERE.